Now is the time to invest in yourself a little more and stay on track. Remember fitness is not a destination; it's a lifestyle journey. So lets push a little harder, eat a little cleaner, and get the results we want!!
Exercise of the week: The Reverse Fly
How to perform:
- To begin, lie down on an incline bench with the chest and stomach pressing against the incline. Have the dumbbells in each hand with the palms facing each other (neutral grip, tip below if you don't have a bench).
- Extend the arms in front of you so that they are perpendicular to the angle of the bench. The legs should be stationary while applying pressure with the ball of your toes. This is the starting position.
- Maintaining the slight bend of the elbows, move the weights out and away from each other (to the side) in an arc motion while exhaling. Tip: Try to squeeze your shoulder blades together to get the best results from this exercise.
- The arms should be elevated until they are parallel to the floor.
- Feel the contraction and slowly lower the weights back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for 12-15 reps.
PRO FITNESS TIP: If you don't have a bench, stand with your feet hip width apart and your knees bent. Bend forward at the hips and let your arms hang straight down from your shoulders, palms facing. Raise both arms out to the sides as you squeeze your shoulder blades together. Return to start. That's one rep.
Class really enjoyed the chest fly action today! Come join us in Liberty Station M,W,F 7 am and 9 am. And who knows...we could have some celebratory champagne...