It's time for another healthy recipe of the week to inspire you in the kitchen (in between workouts). Californians are known for loving anything and everything with an avocado- so this recipe is definitely going to be a popular one! It's packed with a protein punch, too. Enjoy.
Shrimp Stuffed Avocado
prep 5 ∙ cook 5 ∙ difficulty Medium ∙ source Chef Oz & Chef Obed
- 2 (10-15) size shrimp, about 3oz
- 3 tbsp guajillo barbecue sauce
- 1 hass avocado
- 1 lime juice
- 2 tbsp diced cilantro
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeño
- 1 tsp chile oil
- 1 tsp evoo
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Wash avocados
2. Slice avocado in half
3. Remove avocado seed
4. Dice avocado inside its skin
5. Remove diced avocado and place in bowl
6. Add lime juice, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, chile oil, evoo, salt and pepper in bowl. Set aside.
7. Season shrimp with pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper and a cayenne pepper
8. Cook shrimp. Approximately 2.5 minutes on each side
9. Remove shrimp from heat and small dice
10. Place diced shrimp in bowl with the rest of ingredients.
11. Mix all ingredients together
12. Divide the mix into two and place in each one of the avocado skins.
13. Garnish with the barbecue sauce.